Friday, March 19, 2010

Danielle Top...

After much seam picking, I've finally finished making the first garment out of the stash of fabrics that I recently bought.

This is based on Danielle pattern by BurdaStyle, with a few small bits of alteration.

1. Because I used a stretch material, no zip was needed.
2. The band was elasticized.
3. I did not use the original Danielle pattern for the bottom part, instead I drafted a simple A-line skirt for it.
4. Used a self-made bias binding strip for the neckline instead of using the facing pattern.

Although this top was comfortable (because it has room to stretch) the neckline feels a bit weird and over-stretched. I am still thinking whether I should re-do that bit or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment